On Sunday, September 20, 2020, the East Greenwich Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Main Street Dining Event as part of the Take It Outside Rhode Island Initiative.
The Event features a number of shops and restaurants on Main Street using a blocked off section of Main St to serve customers with increased capacity and a small town square feel. Come and taste what one of Rhode Island’s premier dining destinations has to offer.
- As part of the event, the section of Main Street between Spring Street and King Street will be closed to vehicle traffic.
- There will be a parking ban on the section of Main Street from King Street to Spring St from 2 pm to 9 pm.
- Towing will be enforced for violators. Detour signage will be in place directing through traffic around the event.
- There will be access to the waterfront from King Street for southbound traffic and from Rocky Hollow Road for north bound traffic.
- The Event will take place from 3-8:30 PM with the road closure in place from 3:00-@9:00 PM. Main Street will be completely open to traffic by 9:00 PM.
- There will be Police Personnel will be present to assist with the event.