News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/3/2018 4:27:03 PM to 1/3/2018 4:36:50 PM.
Home - News & Announcements
Posted on: January 3, 2018
[ARCHIVED] Snow Storm Update
- There is a parking ban in place beginning at midnight, Wednesday, January 3rd until further notice
- Town Hall and offices will be closed Thursday, January 4th
- East Greenwich Schools are closed Thursday, January 4th
- Trash pickup is cancelled for tomorrow. Trash will be delayed one day.
- In the event of power outages, the East Greenwich Police Community Room, at 176 First Avenue, will be available as a warming center.
- Residents with Grinder Pumps
In anticipation of the potential for power outages during the upcoming storm, the Sewer Department is reminding its customers with grinder pumps that, if power is lost, the pumps will have limited capacity and those customers should therefore limit water usage; without power, the grinder pumps will be unable to discharge into the main sewer line. We suggests that grinder pump owners prepare for a power outage by running an inside faucet for about 10 minutes or until the pump starts up. This will evacuate any wastewater stored in the pump and maximize storage capacity. Continued reduced water usage will allow for use of the plumbing facilities for a longer period of time, hopefully until power can be restored. If there is an extended power outage, we will issue additional information and guidance.